We closed the abstract submission.
Notification on the Abstract submission for JDDW 2022
*Please refer to the following notifications before your abstract submission.
- Submission to lectures, theme session from the same affiliation
To encourage submission from a wide range of speakers, only one abstract from the same affiliation can be submitted to each session. However, the presenting author is able to be listed as a co-author in abstracts from the other affiliations.
- Similar abstracts
Abstracts considered to be the same will be discussed by the reviewers and program committee. Please note that when judged to be identical, both abstracts will be rejected.
- Withdrawal and Absence without leave
Please be aware that any author that withdraws an abstract after acceptance notification or is absent without notice on the day of presentation may possibly be penalized according to the rules of the concerned society.
- [For domestic presenters only] Regarding the review by ethics committee.
For submission of abstracts to JDDW, the transitional measures (allowing submission 1. In the case of the review by ethics committee is still under application 2. From facilities without ethics committee, if taking opt-out measures under the approval of the head of the facility) have been abolished.
Presentations that are required the ethical review must receive approval by the ethics committee in affiliated university hospitals, academic societies or medical association before your abstract submission.
A checklist regarding the ethics review is provided on the submission page. The checklist enables applicants to recognize the ethics policies for which compliance is obligatory. In the case that the abstract reviewers object to the declaration, your abstract will be verified by each society’s program committee. Please note that your abstract would be rejected if deemed inappropriate.
Please confirm here to find the category to which your abstract applies.
Guidelines for Abstract Submission
Abstracts are invited for consideration for theme sessions and digital poster sessions at the JDDW 2022, as outlined below. Please submit your abstracts after carefully reading these guidelines.
Please note that pre-registration for the meeting is required for abstract submission.
Submissions can be made only through online registration via the JDDW 2022 website.
Abstracts can only be submitted online. Abstracts sent by email, by post or by FAX will not be accepted.
to Noon, March 23 (Wednesday), 2022 (Japan time)
It is possible for you to edit and correct the abstracts submitted via the website until the deadline March 23 (Wednesday) noon, 2022. Please note that copyrights for all presentations belong to the societies participating in the JDDW. We would like to thank you again for your understanding and cooperation for the JDDW 2022.
For presenters choosing JSH and JSGS as the academic society for abstract submission
Entering your membership ID (No.) is mandatory when submitting your abstract (enter (No.) according to the instructions on the submission page if application for membership is incomplete).
- To members of JSH
JSH membership is required in order to submit your abstract.
For non-members of JSH, please be kindly reminded that you will need to complete your application for membership before the end of March 2022.
For abstracts choosing JSH as an academic society for submission, entering membership ID (Number) for all co-authors will also be required (this restriction only applies to JSH)For inquiries of membership ID (Number), or how to complete your application for membership, please contact:You will not be a member of JSH if any of the following conditions are true:
JSH Secretariat E-mail: email@example.com
- The person who does not have a Japanese medical license.
- To be a member of JSH, the person who does not be given for letter of recommendation provided by JSH councilor.
Please ask congress president of General Meeting of the Japan Society of Hepatology for a letter of recommendation if you the above conditions are true.Contact to:
Secretariat of General Meeting of the Japan Society of Hepatology
E-mail: jsh26jddw2022[A]keio-patho[D]jp( Please change [A] to @ and [D] to . )
- To members of JSGS
For non-members of JSGS, please apply for membership before abstract submission. If application is incomplete, your abstract will be rejected.
However, it's possible to proceed with the submission of your abstracts in case of your application status is under process.
For inquiries of membership ID (Number), or how to complete your application for membership, please contact:
- Please note that this rule is only applicable to those who live in Japan.
For abstracts choosing JSGS as the academic society for submission, only one abstract can be submitted from a single top author, regardless of general, theme or lecture sessions (theme, lecture sessions include union sessions with other academic societies).
All abstracts submitted multiple times will be rejected.
- Please note that this rule is only applicable to JSGS’s abstract submission.
JSGS Secretariat E-mail: jddw[A]jsgs[D]or[D]jp( Please change [A] to @ and [D] to . )
About the topics and definition of the program
For the JDDW the following call for abstracts aims to make a definite distinction between the events and to increase the value of the program through the symposiums, panel discussion, and workshops.
- Symposium, including videos (Duration: 15+ minutes)
Symposiums are events designed to present findings.
- Panel Discussion (Duration: 12+ minutes)
Panel discussions are for groups of people to debate upon the topic concepts. Panelists comprehensively discuss the topics on the podium for at least 30 minutes.
- Workshop (Duration: 8+ minutes)
Workshops are designed to advance the findings in a specific field.
Abstracts must be unpublished, and it would be required to be contained something novelty (in the presentations).
- All of the abstracts accepted for the International Sessions hosted by the Japan Gastroenterological Endoscopy Society are planned to be published in “Digestive Endoscopy,” the English language journal of the Japan Gastroenterological Endoscopy Society. Your understanding would be appreciated.
Regarding the Awards in JDDW
JDDW has established the awards for outstanding abstracts and presentations.
Screening will be conducted by the JDDW steering committee.
The awards will be given for the first author or the presenters only.
When the first author or presenter is changed, the abstract will not be eligible for the awards.
For more details of each award, please refer to the following information.
- [Travel Award Program]
JDDW 2022 has established a Travel Award Program with the objectives of fostering young doctors and researchers from overseas, and enhancing international exchange. For details, please check the following URL at: https://www.jddw.jp/jddw2022/en/award/
- [Travel Grant]
JDDW 2022 has established a Travel Grant with the objectives of fostering young doctors and researchers from overseas, and enhancing international exchange. For details, please check the following URL at: https://www.jddw.jp/jddw2022/en/grant/
- [The Best Presenter Award in International Session]
Regarding International Session (for both the theme and general sessions), JDDW 2022 will award JPY50,000 to the Best Presenters. There are no restrictions of nationality and age.
Awardees will be decided after presentations are made at the Conference and will be released on the JDDW 2022 website.
- [Young Investigator Award]
50,000 JPY will be awarded to outstanding abstracts submitted by young doctors (40 years old or younger on the first day of the conference) with Japanese nationality or residing in Japan (both theme sessions and digital poster sessions will be subject to the award). Awardees will be notified in the notification of the acceptance to be sent in late July through early August. and will be released in the program book.
- [Outstanding Poster Award]
A memento will be awarded to outstanding abstracts submitted to general poster session. There are no restrictions of nationality and age. Awardees will be notified in the acceptance notice of the abstract scheduled to be sent in late July through early August and will be released in the program book.
- [Congress' Presidents Award]
One for each Outstanding Poster Awardees of each society will be selected as the Congress' Presidents Award.
JDDW will grant 70,000 JPY to the winners. They will be covered their registration fee and one-night's accommodation by JDDW. In addition, they will be invited to Presidential Dinner of each society. Please note that the winners will present not only own digital poster session but the other oral session. For more details, please check the notification of the acceptance which will be sent in late July through early August.
I. Open invitation for theme session abstracts
Acceptance or rejection will be decided through consultation with the respective Chairperson of each session.
To encourage submission from a wide range of speakers, only one abstract from a same affiliation can be submitted to each session. However, the presenting author is able to be listed as a co-author in abstracts from the other affiliations.
II. Digital poster session abstracts
- Presentations will be used as digital posters.
- Acceptance or rejection of the general presentations will be decided upon reviews and consultations by the program committee members and abstracts screening committee members of each society you apply to.
- The abstracts selected by each society will be awarded prizes for poster excellence and the prizewinner will have an opportunity to make a presentation.
III. Important information regarding abstract submission
1. Submission procedures
Submission should be made online at the website
For how to register abstracts, please check the details in “Abstract Submission (this page)”.
- If you are to make a dual submission (theme) for the International Session, please also make a dual submission (digital poster session) on the English page of the website.
Please use a required browser when registering abstracts
If you are using an older version of a browser when registering your abstracts, there is a possibility that you will not be able to properly complete the registration. Please ensure that you register using a recommended version. In addition, there is the possibility that you may experience problems registering, even when using a recommended browser, due to problems of compatibility with registration programs and your computer setup.
Please confirm that your browser is working correctly before registration.
Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari
*Operation on the Latest version is assumed
If you use a browser other than one of the above (such as Opera), problems may occur. As a general rule, please refrain from using browsers other than those recommended above.
Please reconfirm the registered information
The Secretariat assumes no responsibility for erroneous entries made by applicants.
2. Issuance of registration numbers and correction/deletion of abstracts
1) You will be automatically issued an abstract submission number. Please maintain this for your records.
Please check to see whether the abstract has been successfully accepted
- Please note that if a registration number is not displayed on the screen, the abstract submission has not yet been accepted.
- A notification of completion of registration will also be sent to the email address you registered with your submission. If you do not receive the email notification, there is a possibility that your submission was not properly received.
(An email acceptance receipt will be sent automatically by the system. Please do not reply to this email. Please note that if you reply to the email, your reply will not reach the Secretariat.)
2) Please be sure to write down your registration number.
With your abstract submission you will be issued with a registration number. Please remember your registration number, and keep it safe.
3) Please note the type of registration number.
The following are the four types of registration numbers.
|Abstract submitted for digital poster session only||50000s|
|Abstract submitted for theme session only||60000s|
|Abstract for digital poster session for dual submission, i.e., an abstract originally written for a theme session modified for a digital poster session in case it is not accepted as a theme session abstract (the same abstract could be submitted for both sessions)||30000s|
|Abstract for theme session for dual submission, i.e., an abstract written for theme session but may be screened for digital poster session if it is not accepted as a theme session abstract||40000s|
4) You may check, modify or delete registered abstracts, right up until the abstract submission closing date.
To register an abstract, use [1. Registration screen] on the submission screen.
To make modifications, use [2. Confirmation screen] on the submission screen.
When making modifications, you will need to enter the 5-digit registration number you were issued when you registered and the password you specified. To modify your abstract, please use either [2. Confirmation screen] or delete the abstract and then re-register it.
3. Submission categories
The following are three categories. Please choose one of the categories and submit your abstract.
- Submission of abstract for digital poster session only
- Submission of abstract for theme session only
- Dual submission (If it is not accepted as a theme session abstract, it will be screened as a digital poster session abstract)
1) Submission of abstract for digital poster session only
Please register via the “Digital poster session abstract” on the registration screen.
 Group I : Please select the society you wish to make a presentation for.
- The Japanese Society of Gastroenterology
- The Japan Gastroenterological Endoscopy Society
- The Japan Society of Hepatology
- The Japanese Society of Gastroenterological Surgery
- The Japanese Society of Gastrointestinal Cancer Screening
 Group II: Please select organ (1 item).
|i.||Esophagus / Pharynx|
How we handle case reports in digital poster session abstracts for JDDW 2022
JDDW 2022 is subject to venue restrictions, limitations on time, and other constraints. For this reason, the following rules have been established in regards to the handling of case reports in digital poster abstracts for JDDW 2022 (these rules do not apply to the abstracts for the Japanese Society of Gastroenterological Surgery):
- The priority level for selecting case reports will be lowered and evaluated separately from other research presentation abstracts.
- There are some societies which generally do not accept single case reports. Please avoid submitting abstracts with only one case report.
- In line with the rule above, please submit abstracts which cover multiple case reports.
- Note that in certain instances, clinical studies with a small number of cases and no control group will be treated as case reports.
2) Submission of abstract for theme session only
Please register via “Theme session abstract” on the registration screen. Please select your desired theme. You may register up to 3 presenters.
3) Dual Submission
Persons making dual submission (submit first as a theme session abstract, but in the event that it is not accepted, it may be screened for digital poster session), please register using “Dual submission.” You will need to submit two abstracts: one for digital poster session and another for theme session. Two registration numbers will be issued: one for digital poster session and another for theme session. Please be sure you do not mix up these two numbers.
4. Registration procedures
 Entry of presenter and co-presenters
A total of three persons, including the lead presenter, may be registered for “Theme session abstract,” and up to 20 persons for “Digital poster session abstract.”
 Word count limit
The word count limit for abstracts (combined total for title, body, speaker name and name of affiliated institution) is a maximum of 250 words. If using a chart/table, the maximum is 167 words.
If the maximum word count is exceeded, you will not be able to register it.
 How to write the abstract body text
In the column for the body text, please enter only the main text of the abstract, and do not include the title, name of affiliated institution, name of author or index terms.
 Registration of figure/table
You can register a single file of figure/table. You may use whatever software you wish to create the figure/table. However, please ensure that the file size is small and uses as few colors as possible.
Please convert the figure/table data to either JPEG or GIF format before registering it.
 Completion of registration
- After registering your data, click the [Proceed to Confirm] button → click the [Proceed to Submit] button → registration is complete.
- Please refrain from making telephone inquiries regarding submitted abstracts.
I. Checklist for the lead presenter (Required)
Your abstract must correspond to all of the following items．Upon confirmation, please check the box at the bottom of the list.
- For the JDDW conference, multiple abstracts of identical or similar content have NOT been submitted (the abstract will be rejected if such incident is discovered).
- The abstract has never been presented at another Japanese academic conference.
- The abstract title and body text do not contain any specific data as described below.
Hospital admission and discharge dates, treatment commencement dates, etc. / the name, name of affiliated institution or company of the presentation applicant and co-researchers (the name of an ethics committee may be specified) / the title of any literature that could identify the applicant / any acknowledgements
Notes: Please refer to some specific examples on the Registration page.
If it is necessary to include the name of a research group, please use the name of the institution.
□ All of the items 1-3 above are true for this Abstract.
II. Conflict of interest (check one) (Required)
|Note 1:||Please disclose the correct information according to the content of the presentation, as there are issues such as unauthorized photographing of the slide of conflicts of interest in the presentation.|
|Note 2:||Any potential conflict of interest must be declared not only by the lead presenter but also by any co-presenter.|
□ Not applicable
(For more details of the conflict of interest, please click here.)
|Note 1:||Please indicate the presence or absence of the disclosed items.|
|Note 2:||Please visit the website of the society for which you are making a presentation, for the disclosure standards (to view the disclosure rules of each society, click here.)|
[For overseas presenters only]
Please choose the item that corresponds to the status of your abstract with regard to ethical guidelines.
Regarding approval by an Ethics Committee
Are the contents of your abstract based on the medical research ethical guidelines of your country?
[For domestic presenters only]
- Please refer to the JDDW ethical guidelines here.
- Please fill in the boxes on the checklist as appropriate on the Registration page.
Note for domestic presenters:
The above ethical guideline-related information may be subject to change in accordance with future Japanese government policy revisions. (As of September, 2021)
Notes on input in abstract registration/submission
- It is your own responsibility to retain on to the ID and password you yourself created. The ID and password cannot be disclosed for security reasons.
- If you wish to change or withdraw your submitted abstract after the deadline, please contact the Secretariat by e-mail by forwarding the e-mail sent to you when you submitted your abstract, notifying you that your abstract registration was completed. Title and abstract content cannot be edited. Only the authors and affiliations can be modified.
- No changes whatsoever will be accepted after August 6 (Japan Time).
Your understanding of this matter is highly appreciated. Please be aware that any author that withdraws an abstract after acceptance notification or is absent without notice on the day of presentation may be penalized according to the rules of the concerned society.
Please do not announce the content added or modified from the time of submitted abstract.
Presentation format (lectures, theme sessions, sponsored event)
- Oral presentations at JDDW 2022 (lectures, theme session presentations, sponsored event) must be computer-based. Please prepare them as follows.
For computer presentations, you can either bring your own laptop, or you can register the data by bringing it on a USB flash drive or CD-ROM. To avoid problems, please bring backup media with you. Other media, such as MO, floppy disk, ZIP or DVD cannot be accepted.
The presentation data file name should be in the following order:
(Presentation No.) (Name) (Venue No.)
Example: [IS-S3_H Joe Gastro 8]
At the venue, the presenters will have to manage the equipment and materials on the podium. There will be no PC on the podium but only a monitor and a mouse.
Please prepare any handouts of presentation data yourself and bring the handouts with you. The event venues (such as the Operations Center) will not be able to handle such matters on the day.
- Specify a display area aspect ratio of 16:9 for the pages of your presentation.
- The time to end your oral presentation will be signaled by a light. We request that all presenters observe the time limits.
- All data should be submitted to the Operation Center at the venue. Please inform the Operation Center of the venue name and presentation number no later than one hour before your presentation.
The Operation Center will receive your data and copy it to the server. The copied data will be sent to the presentation venue and will be ready. Please take your seat and wait for your presentation near the seats reserved for the next presenters (at the front left side of the venue). The organizers assume full responsibility for the deletion of the data after the conference.
2022 Operations Center
- For presenter at Room 1
- Fukuoka Kokusai Center 1F Entrance Lobby
- For presenter at Room 2 - 3
- Fukuoka Sunpalace 2F Banquet Room Lobby
- For presenter at Room 4 - 11
- Fukuoka International Congress Center 2F Lobby
- For presenter at Room 12 - 13
- Marine Messe Fukuoka 2F Room 12 Lobby
- Presenters should take seats reserved for the next presenters, immediately after the presenter before you has begun his or her oral presentation.
When bringing your own laptop, please note the following
- If bringing your own laptop, you can use a laptop running Windows (Windows 10) or Mac OS (Mac OS X 10.10 or later [if not bringing your own, Mac OS X 10.10 or later]) with a USB port. Please use PowerPoint only.
- If your PowerPoint presentation file contains video (movie), we recommend that you bring your own laptop (there is a possibility that the laptop made available at the venues may not be able to play the videos). Even when bringing your own laptop, please bring backup data on a USB flash drive or CD-ROM, in case your computer malfunctions. Moreover, please be sure to bring your PC AC adapter.
- If bringing an iPad, Windows 8 touch-panel PC or tablet PC, you will be giving a presentation with it connected via a mini D-sub 15-pin cable (not wirelessly). For an iPad 1, presentation will be displayed only on the external monitor and not on the iPad screen. The PCs made available at the venues do not have touch panels. If you wish to use a touch panel for your presentation, please bring your own computer.
- When bringing your own laptop, the PC video output cables made available at the venues are of the mini D-sub 15-pin type. Please bring a computer that can connect to such cables. Moreover, if an adapter is required to connect to the cable, please be sure to bring your own with you.
- The resolution of the projectors at the venues is XGA (1024×768). Please be aware that if your output cannot match this resolution, it may lead to compromised image quality.
When bringing a USB flash drive or CD-ROM (CD-R), please note the following
- When bringing a USB flash drive or CD-ROM, please save your data in the following format.
Use PowerPoint only
Please prepare your data using Windows: MS PowerPoint 2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365 or Mac: MS PowerPoint 2019, Office 365.
To avoid garbage characters, use only the following fonts
English: Century, Century Gothic
For video, use only video which can be played by the following software
Windows: Windows Media Player 12
Mac: Quick Time Player 10
Caution regarding video files
If the size of the video exceeds 500 MB, please bring your own computer for the presentation.
Please make sure that your video files are playable with the codecs included in a standard installation of Windows Media Player 12. (WMV format is recommended.)
Please make sure that your video files are playable with the codecs included in the standard installation of QuickTime Player 10. (MOV format is recommended.)
- If your presentation file contains links to other data (still images, video, graphs, etc.), please be sure to have the source data saved, and check beforehand that they work correctly.
Note: Please make sure your data work correctly beforehand on a computer other than the one on which the files were created.
- The computers made available for use at the venues will be as follows.
Application software: Windows MS PowerPoint 2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365
Mac OS X 10.10 or later
Application software: Mac MS PowerPoint 2019, Office 365
- The venue Operation Centers will have the latest security software installed on all computers, taking all possible anti-virus measures. However, please bring your own storage media after scanning it with security software with the most recent virus definitions, and confirming that is virus-free.
Presentation format (digital poster sessions)
At JDDW 2022, there will be no poster presentations in paper form. They will be conducted using plasma displays.
- You can make presentations with video.
- The presentation data will be registered in advance, via a dedicated screen on the Internet.
- As full high-definition monitors will be used for the presentations, they will have the same reproducibility as paper. You can browse through the presentation topics at any time during the event using PCs at the conference venue.
Presentation display modes
There are two display modes: [Poster Mode] and [Slide Mode]. You can use Poster Mode mainly and Slide Mode partially to zoom in on slides, or use just one of the two modes.
|[Poster Mode]||Not including the title slide, 15 slides can be displayed
(3-row, 5-column format).
|[Slide Mode]||You can make a presentation displaying one slide at a time.|
Creating presentation data
- Please create your presentation data using PowerPoint. Compatible versions are 2013, 2016, 2019, Office 365.
- Do not create large-sized poster data (as in the past); please create each slide individually.
- Please set the slides to fit a 4:3 aspect ratio.
- Use the following fonts:
English: Century, Century Gothic
- PowerPoint files will be converted to images to keep the original layout. Because of this, slide transition animation effects and animations cannot be used.
- You can use video within PowerPoint. You can register up to a total of 200MB of data (PowerPoint file and video). Video is played automatically when the page that contains video is displayed. Please confirm this operation in advance.
- The number of slides you can register is 15 (please state the “conflict of interest” information on the 15th slide). The title slide (presentation title and presenters' names) will be displayed separately. Please do not include the title slide in the presentation itself.
How to register presentation data
- Please register your presentation data in advance. The link button for the registration screen will be placed on the JDDW 2022 website from Noon, September 21 (Wednesday) to Noon, October 6 (Thursday), 2022 (Japan time).
- We ask that you register during this period. It is possible to register modifications as many times as you wish during this period. On October 7 (Friday) (Japan time), the registration screen will be closed and the data cannot be replaced or modified. If you cannot register during this period, we will cancel your presentation. Please note that penalties might be imposed.
- Please note that even if you bring the data to the Operation Center on the day of the conference, you will not be able to exchange it for the data already registered.
- On the day of the presentation, please be ready for presentation 30 minutes before your poster session starts and please notify a booth staff of your arrival.
For digital poster inquiries, please contact:
JDDW digital poster support desk (to be set up in September, 2022)
For more details, please visit the JDDW 2022 website, which will be frequently updated.
Prohibition of Addition or Change to submitted abstract
At presenting abstracts, JDDW does not allow new information included to slides.
The slides must consist of the information in an abstract that is submitted and reviewed.
Disclosure of “Conflict of Interest” at the presentation
Potential conflicts of interest must be disclosed when making oral presentations. This information must be shown using the disclosure statement of your society on the screen for theme sessions, the digital poster for International Poster Session.
The conflicts of interest subjected for disclosure are the ones related to a presenting abstract not personalized(private).
- Please disclose actual statement about presenting abstract, for COI slide may be captured in a picture
Disclosure standard and statements of the various societies can be found at the URL below. Prepare your statement accordingly.
Conflict of interest disclosure statements for presentation
Notification of abstract acceptance/rejection, and up-coming information
Email notification of acceptance/rejection
- Notification of acceptance or rejection will be announced by email at the end of July, 2022 to the email address you registered when submitting your abstract.
- The detailed information about presentation schedule, such as date and place, is going to be mentioned in the notification of acceptance.
- In case of withdrawing your abstract and changing authors’ names or affiliations, please inform JDDW secretariat (fukuoka2022en[A]jddw[D]jp( Please change [A] to @ and [D] to . )) with the notification of acceptance attached by August 5, 2022. Please note that any changes to your abstract text, figures (tables, graphs) and title are NOT accepted.
Your understanding would be highly appreciated.
For inquiries about abstract submission
JDDW 2022 Program Management Office
c/o Japan Convention Services, Inc.
TEL: +81-3-3519-5580 (Weekdays 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM) (Japan time)
E-mail: endai-jddw2022[A]convention[D]co[D]jp( Please change [A] to @ and [D] to . )