- In general, news coverage by public broadcasting stations, newspapers, and other media outlets is permitted. News organizations who wish to cover JDDW 2014 must obtain permission from the JDDW Secretariat, and observe the rules specified in the separately prepared document (you may apply for permission on the actual day of the event). Journalists covering the event must present their employee ID card and submit a business card. This information will be recorded by the JDDW Secretariat.
- To take photographs, shoot video, or record audio which may potentially reveal the identity of a specific individual or the content of a presentation, you must obtain permission beforehand. Before covering the event, make sure to obtain the necessary approval of the lecturer, the chairperson for the lecture, and the president of the society, and then present this information to the JDDW Secretariat. (To obtain permission prior to JDDW, the necessary information must be obtained and submitted to the JDDW Secretariat at least one week before the event.)
- Publishers and promotional organizations seeking to cover JDDW must also obtain permission in the same manner as described above in Rule 2. When publishing an article that contains information which may potentially reveal the identity of a specific individual or the content of a presentation, make sure to follow the procedure described in Rule 2.
- To conduct interviews, take photographs, shoot videos, or record audio of sponsored events co-organized by JDDW and other business organizations, you must also follow the procedure described in Rule 2.
- If social circumstances or other factors create an urgent need to cover specific individuals or presentations, the JDDW Board of Directors or Chair of JDDW Steering Committee may allow coverage to be conducted without obtaining prior permission. However, the permission of the individuals who appear in the photographs, video footage, or audio recordings must be obtained, along with the permission of the other individuals involved (verbal permission is acceptable, but the fact permission was obtained must be reported in writing to the JDDW Secretariat). In this case, the procedure described in Rule 1 must be followed, and the JDDW Secretariat must submit a report on the matter to the responsible JDDW committee.
|Applying before the event (Rule 1)||→||Present your employee ID card to the General Information Desk.|
|Applying before the event (Rules 2, 3, and 4)||→||Present your employee ID card and written proof of permission obtained from the persons involved, as described in Rule 2, to the General Information Desk.|
|Applying on the day of the event (Rule 1)||→||Present your employee ID card to the Press Reception Desk.|
|Applying on the day of the event (Rule 5)||→||After obtaining permission from the persons involved, present your employee ID card to the JDDW Board of Directors or Chair of JDDW Steering Committee, and request permission to be granted.|
Covering the event after obtaining approval
Press receptionA）Visit General Information.
B）Present your business card to the receptionist and receive your press pass. If you do not have a business card, you will not be allowed to enter. In general, you will also be required to present your employee ID card.
C）Make sure to wear your press pass at all times while covering the event.
D）Journalists without a press pass will be denied entry and not allowed to cover the event.
SessionsYou are essentially allowed to attend all sessions and enter all exhibition halls. However, in general the use of photography and video is prohibited.
Luncheon seminarThe number of seats for the luncheon seminar is limited, and a numbered ticket is required to enter. Members of the press cannot obtain a numbered ticket, but they can present their press pass to enter the seminar room. Please note, however, that priority will be given to those with numbered tickets.
Photography, video, and audio recordingsA）To take photographs, shoot video, or record audio, you must obtain the necessary approval of the lecturer, the chairperson for the lecture, and the president of the society. You must then present this information to the JDDW Secretariat before covering the event.
B） If you need to use power lines and audio lines for equipment, make sure to apply beforehand. *If you fail to apply beforehand, we may be unable to comply with your request. Please note that some rooms charge a fee.
C）All the images displayed on screen during lectures are copyrighted material. Filming and photographing these materials without permission, along with their secondary use, such as through reprinting and broadcasting, are prohibited. (This also applies to the use of copyrighted material in poster presentations.)
Notes on covering the eventA）Refrain from disrupting lectures when taking photographs, shooting video, or recording audio.
B）Refrain from using electric flash lights and battery-powered lights during the lectures.
C）Refrain from disrupting broadcasts in rooms where cameras are set up to stream live broadcasts to different rooms.
Other points to observeA）Photographs of scenes around the reception desk, the notice boards at the entrances of rooms, and the poster session room are allowed only if they do not include close-up shots of individuals.
The JDDW Secretariat and the Organizing Secretariat do not issue press permits (with exception being press passes issued at the general reception desk on the day of the event). The JDDW Secretariat and the Organizing Secretariat will not forward any of your requests for permission to conduct media coverage to the intended individuals.
Each member of the press is responsible for obtaining permission and making arrangements to take photographs, shoot video, and record audio.